GPS-it has been providing high-quality mapping solutions since 2001.
As pioneers and experts of the New Zealand GPS mapping industry, we’ve integrated the latest advancements in drone (UAV) and aerial technology to ensure data is captured with the highest degree of accuracy possible.
Why you need a GPS-it aerial map
An accurate and current map is the foundation for your entire operation.
A map will add value across your whole business, from planning to recording (proof of application), decision support, compliance, health and safety, bench-marking and more. Your farm map underpins the quality of decisions made in the field every day.
To feed your livestock you need to know the exact land areas you’re working with and feed budgeting needs accurate farm mapping. It’s difficult to calculate how much pasture you have available when you’re guessing farm areas and paddock sizes. If your calculations are based on incorrect or outdated information, it’ll be costing you money - every time.
An accurate and current GPS-it farm map will help you improve your farm’s productivity on a daily basis. Our in-depth knowledge of agriculture and farming allows us to customise your data and generate maps that are both mobile and easy to use – where ever you are.
A GPS-it farm map will help you:
- accurately measure crop planning and budgeting
- understand effective area
- work out your costs vs income per hectare
- record and track fertiliser applications
- allocate stock rates and plan and record movement
- estimating fencing costs and plan paddock rotation
- comply with health and safety regulations and identify hazards
- feed budgeting
- give an accurate record for selling or purchasing land
- assist with day-to-day farm management and help staff and contractors understand farm layout.
What’s captured on your map
Different things are important to different farmers so we customise our maps to fit your needs. A GPS-it farm map provides a highly accurate view of your entire property, capturing your land features with GPS points, as well as precise land size and areas.
Our standard map features are:
- effective and non-effective areas
- paddock sizes and bush blocks
- buildings, races and troughs
- farm entries and exits
- fenced waterways and drains
Additional features we can include are:
- hazards for health and safety plans
- contour lines
- wells and bore locations
- overhead power lines (important for low flying top dressing planes)
- all types of tracks including vehicle and animal
- underground water pipes (this information needs to be provided to us)
- electric fence switches
- farm planning charts, such as contractor sign in and out, grazing and herd planners and task lists to whiteboards.
Once you’ve decided to go ahead with your farm map, rest assured - your job is in the hands of New Zealand’s farm mapping experts.
We’ll schedule your job with the pilot and our technical staff will be on board the plane to capture a highly accurate imagery with a specialised camera. Our survey team will take ground control points to make sure the map is GPS referenced.
When we have the images
The data is brought back to the office for processing. Then our GIS technicians take over and add the main features, including paddock sizes and the breakdown of your effective area and non-effective areas.
Making sure you are happy
Once your draft map is ready we’ll ask for your feedback, including any changes or additions and paddock names. When you’re happy we’ll send you a copy of the map and any other items you’ve ordered like whiteboards and map pads.
Sit back and enjoy your map
Knowing that you’re managing your farm effectively - because it’s right in front of you.
We have a range of products available in various sizes that we can print your map onto, including:
- 100 sheet tear-off map pads
- water and tear resistant synthetic prints
Perfect for the farm dairy or the office wall!